Monday, November 7, 2011

Day 6: Nov 6, 2011

Well after a long day on Day 5, as ugly as it may seem I simply can not bring myself to put forth the effort that is needed to try to "mend" this relationship today and apparently neither can he. We are doing our own thing today. I am headed to soccer with my oldest and he is headed to his parents with our youngest. Its not at all how i saw this weekend going, but hey at least I will have some peace of mind today.

As I sit at the soccer field and watch my oldest score a goal (YAY!!) I begin to wonder why I continue to try to make this work. Are relationships really this hard? What happened to the love I see in the movies? If this were a movie, wouldn't he have surprised me by actually showing up at the game.. refusing to let yesterdays fight drag out!

At 34 yr old I am coming to realize that there is no fairy tale. Life is a roller coaster and sometimes people fall off. Today I think I best sit out the ride, for with my luck today at the top of the hill I would be sent flying out of my seat. Maybe tomorrow I will try again, maybe I won't... I honestly do not know at this point. Today I am going to focus on celebrating with my oldest.. he got a goal AND a head butt in the game.

Tonight we will cook his all time favorite dinner--- SHEPPARDS PIE! So Day 6: Do something he enjoys with him = CANCELED.

No comments:

Post a Comment